Grand Palais – Paris
REVELATIONS THE INTERNATIONAL FINE CRAFT AND CREATION EVENT
Revelations casts a new gaze on creation. The biennial places the creator at the heart of the event and invites the world’s fine craft and contemporary creation to engage in dialogue.
Initiated by Ateliers d’Art de France since 2013, Révélations is the international fine craft and creation appointment not to be missed. The biennial reunites a constantly increasing and wide audience: general public, amateurs and collectors, architects, decorators, gallery owners, purchasing offices, but also artistic directors and luxury goods houses. In 2017, 40 268 visitors were welcomed at the Grand Palais.
The 4thedition of the biennial will take place from 23rd to 26th May 2019 at the Grand Palais in Paris
33 countries will be represented by 450 creators, artists of matter, artwork manufactures, galleries, houses of excellence, foundations and institutions. Together, they will unveil the great wealth and vitality of contemporary fine craft from across the globe.
Symposium Crafting Europe: towards a
European strategy for Craft
Jeudi 23rd of May, 2019 , à Révélations, Grand Palais – Paris,
de 9.00 à to 13.00 au biennal Talk Space
This action plan seeks solutions that will:
- Recognise the contribution that craft makes to our European society, heritage, culture and economy.
- Celebrate this rich creative sector which values the human connection to the world around us and shows the way forward for sustainable development in local economies.
- Provide appropriate supports and legislation to enable the sector to develop commercially.
- Build the future of the sector through appropriate training provision to ensure transmission of skills to young people.
- Stimulate innovation and digital know-how alongside skills to ensure the evolution of craft.
- Raise awareness of the sector in order to promote, preserve and protect European craft heritage that has been passed down through generations.
For more information : https://www.revelations-grandpalais.com