A contemporary exploration of timeless calligraphic technique and botanical themes. The pieces combine a variety of exquisite papers, seasonal colours and spontaneous yet highly conscious brushstrokes. Inspired by ideas of painting as meditation and colour as emotionally resonant, the intention behind these works is to create an atmosphere of peaceful natural surroundings. All of the pieces are designed and created by Anne in her London studio...
Anne McKenzie graduated from Goldsmith’s in 1997 with a PG Dip in Art Therapy, she has a Fine Art degree from Rhodes University and was born in Zimbabwe.
Currently interested in printing on Perspex and experimenting with the play of light, colours and layers.
- Nov/Dec 2015 Breaking the Ice, The Byre Gallery, Cornwall
- Oct 2015 Handmade at Kew, Kew Gardens, London
- Oct 2015 Select Show Case, SIT Select, Cheltenham
- July – Sept 2015 The Ripple Effect, The Byre Gallery, Cornwall
- March – May 2015 Standing on Ceremony, The Byre Gallery, Cornwall
- Feb – May 2015 Spring Show, The Lovers Lights Gallery, Twickenham
- Jan 2015 CRAFT, Olympia, London
- Nov 2014 Handmade in Britain, Chelsea Town Hall, London